Monday, September 21, 2015

The truth will set you free! 9/21/15

Hello family and friends!

Sorry for the first email, I made a mistake!

Somehow this week went faster than the first. I'm trying to remember what even happened! I can't remember what I did 2 hours ago sometimes, its crazy.

Well this week the Lord blessed us with 2 more people to teach, both college students at University of Maine! Both have met with missionaries before and love coming to church and reading the Book of Mormon so I'm excited to start working with them. :)

We also met with Sister Lambert and her two sons who I mentioned last week. Her youngest son gave his first prayer and it was so sweet! We talked about faith with them and sang the song, "Faith" in the primary songbook. The spirit was so strong. We are starting with the basics with them, and I am excited because it is helping me to by remembering the simple truths and principles of the gospel. I love it! 

Me and Sister Eddington did a a training this week in zone conference on how the Book of Mormon frees us from the bondage of sin and it was incredible. In John 8:32 it talks about how the truth sets us free and I was thinking about this and it is literally true. As we come to know the Book of Mormon is true we also will know that the gospel of Jesus Christ truly has been restored to the earth including the Priesthood of God. Which will  lead us to be baptized by someone holding that authority and as we are baptized we literally become free from all of our sins and become clean! Therefore the truth sets us free as we are true to it. The truth also gives us the freedom to act and to use our agency wisely...I love Helaman 14:30. As a member of the church of Jesus Christ I have the truth and I am free to act but I also know how to act...and I must bring this truth to all of those who don't have it and be charitable when they may not treat me the way I should be treated...because they don't know and they don't understand! As Jesus Christ said, "Forgive them, for they know not what they do." 

Sorry this is short, but I hope y'all have a great week!

Love, Sister Innes

I got see my last companion sister Hallam at zone conference! 
Splits with Sister Ellsworth
We went on the "Bog " Boardwalk in Bangor today! Enjoy the rest of the pics. 








No comments:

Post a Comment