Monday, November 17, 2014

Waterville Wardies /Nov 10, 2014

Hello! :)

So the news on the street is that I have been transferred to good ol' Waterville Maine where the livin' is hard and the investigators are few ;) But really. And I wouldn't have it any other way! My new companion's name is Sister Olsen and she is from Sandy, Utah. She is freshly trained. I don't know what Heavenly Father was thinking when he put us together. We're still brand spankin' new except without the spank! It is always a party with Sister Olsen. I already love her so much!

So Waterville, like I said, we have no investigators...yet. So this week has been full of some good old-fashioned tracting! I think my favorite person we talked to was this cute little old man. We stopped to talk to him and after we gave him a Book of Mormon he told us that we made his whole day and then he preceded to hug both of us even though I tried to just give him a hand shake..the man was 90 years old though so I think we're good. Later that night we talked to a man who told us that organized religion is destroying the world. He went off on how it was separating the world and causing wars and before he walked off told us we'd better think about what we were doing to the world...and then I was just awakened at how deceitful Satan is. Little did that man know and most people know that the message we have to share would bring the world together and make it a better world if they would just listen. But regardless, I know that Heavenly Father still loves that man and so do I and I will continue to pray for him.

So, this week I have learned a couple things.
1. Heavenly Father is in charge. I know that this is exactly where I'm supposed to be. I haven't quite figured out why but I know I will soon find out. A couple days before I found out I was getting transferred I could just feel it coming. I prayed and asked Heavenly Father what was going to happen not really expecting much of an answer. But He told me that things were going to change but that everything was going to be okay... And he has continued to reassure me of that throughout this week. I know He has a plan for me here...and that it will all be okay.
2. Heavenly Father answers prayers. This weekend we had Stake Conference. I prayed before the meetings that I might know how to help the Waterville ward..specifically in helping them with missionary work. And I prayed that the speakers who spoke would also help them be more motivated to help us out as missionaries. And then in the Saturday night session and the general session of stake conference it was specifically talked by Sister Stoker, President Stoker and the Stake Presidency about how the members needed to help us missionaries who were out here ready to work. 

I have been praying, and praying... and praying that we might be able to find those who are being prepared to receive the gospel and also how we might do it. Yesterday I was reading in 1st Nephi 17 about how Nephi is commanded to build a ship. At this time they have just come to the land Bountiful which was full of much fruit and honey and life is GOOOD. Then Nephi is commanded to go up the mountain to pray. While there he is told he should build a ship which will, "carry thy people across these waters." And so Nephi asks the Lord how he is going to make tools to build this ship and the Lord tells him he will use fire. And Nephi tells us that he has never really used fire in the course of his journey so far. But in verse 15 he did "strive to keep the commandments of the Lord. I thought about how I could apply this to myself and realized that just like Nephi and his family my life was really good before my mission just like the land bountiful but then I was called to go on a mission just as Nephi was commanded to build a ship to carry his people to the promised land or in my case the gospel. And just like Nephi needed to use fire to make his tools to build a ship, which was something he hadn't really had to do before, maybe there was some "fire" I needed to use that I maybe didn't really like to use or hadn't had to use much on my mission so far...and I asked Heavenly Father what it was and he told me "Tracting Sister Innes!" How could I have been so dumb? I kind of hate door-knocking, it isn't one of my favorite things to do and I am not afraid to admit it. But the spirit bore testimony to me that that is what I need to do. So that is my plan and I'm sticking to it. And I know by that act of faith and diligence then will Heavenly Father place those who are being prepared in our path. 

I love this gospel. The simple fact that my Savior lives and loves me is something that has made all the difference in my life these past 5 months (what?). I love y'all and am so grateful for the love and support that is continually sent my way! Every member a missionary. Share the gospel :)

Love you!

Love,Sister Innes


The Classic "library" pick of me and Sister Olsen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment