Monday, November 17, 2014

Things are Changing/Nov 3, 2014

Hello people I love!

First off it snowed yesterday. And....

I am being transferred and going Senior Companion!! Are you kidding me?! And Sister Blume will be staying here and training in Sanford. I can't really think right now, I'm in this weird in between stage. I have grown to love the people here so much. I got up and bore my testimony yesterday and probably sobbed at the pulpit for a good 2 minutes before I could even say anything.  I could feel it this week though....I feel like I have reached a point where I have gotten so comfortable here in Sanford and in order to keep growing and learning I needed to be uncomfortable again...Bring it on Heavenly Father! I am a bit nervous and sad, but I am mostly excited. 

I didn't have time to share this but the week before last I finished the B of M like President Stoker had challenged us to do and I prayed before I read the last couple chapters in Moroni and I asked Heavenly Father that if the Book of Mormon was not true that he would let me know. As I read I came upon a couple verses in Moroni 7: 12-13

12 Wherefore, all things which are good cometh of God; and that which is evil cometh of the devil; for the devil is an enemy unto God, and fighteth against him continually, and inviteth and enticeth to sin, and to do that which is evil continually.

13 But behold, that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to dogood continually; wherefore, every thing which inviteth andenticeth to do good, and to love God, and to serve him, is inspired of God.

And the spirit bore witness to me as I pondered on my reading of the Book of Mormon that the book is inspired of God because it has made me want to be better. It has strengthened my knowledge of Christ. I have come to know Him better as I have read. I know with all my heart that the Book of Mormon is true. As I read it this time I was just so struck by the love our Savior has for us. And how simple the gospel is. Heavenly Father loves us so He sent His son. Jesus Christ is the only way to Salvation. We must have faith in Him and his atonement and act upon our faith everyday by repenting and trying to be better. I know that because of him we can be healed and we can find peace!

Brother Ness felt the spirit this week!! On Wednesday we taught him the Plan of Salvation and he told us it was exactly what he needed. Before we started the lesson I sang, "I Know My Father Lives" and I looked over at Brother Ness as tears ran down his face. He felt the love of Heavenly Father for one of the first times in his life. The elders had a baptism in the ward this week and Brother Ness got to come to that also. Afterwards, he told us he was ready to be baptized! Me and Sister Blume were asked to do reverence time and we had one of the cute girls in the ward sing "Baptism." As I sat there and listened to her sing I was reminded of my baptism and how I felt the Holy Ghost for one of the first times in my life. And it was so amazing to watch Brother Ness feel the spirit again as she sang. After Brother Ness left the church that night, I yelled down the hall, "I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!" And I do. I have never done anything so satisfying in my life. 

I hope y'all have an awesome week. I know I will :)

Love you!!

Love,
Sister Innes

No comments:

Post a Comment