Monday, October 27, 2014

I feel like the weather/ October 27,2014

Hello people I love!!! :)

Can I just say thank you for all of the uplifting and encouraging emails I received this week. I don't have time to write everyone back but I read each and every one of them and I wanted to say THANK YOU and I will try and write back as soon as I can! Letters and emails make me happy :)

Anyways, what a week it has been! I've been feeling a little like the weather this week here in Maine...all over the place! One day it's pouring and then the next day its nice and sunny! And sometimes I feel the same way ha! 

So last Monday was a little rough and mainly all of the week before because my back was killing me and I couldn't figure out why....Well the week before last we did some wood stacking and something I did tweaked the weak spot of my back and then caused me a lot of pain and inflammation. I thought that maybe I had just pulled something but I couldn't tell and the pain wasn't going away so I asked Heavenly Father what I should do and he told me I needed to talk to a brother in the ward who is a chiropractor who lives behind us...so I did and he got me right in to his office. He did some x-rays and found that I have a lumbar segmental disfunction in my lower-back called spondylolistess. Basically, my bottom vertebrae is not the shape it should be and so because of that my lower-back is a little out of place.He said it is probably from all of my years of Gymnastics :) So I have been going to see him twice a week and he wants me to do that for about a month to get it back to normal so it won't bother me anymore at least while on my mission. So that lifted a huge weight off my shoulder this past week and the pain is mostly gone. Miracles!

Tuesday we had Zone conference, which rocked my face off! President taught us alot about the atonement and how it overcomes the Fall of Adam. I have come to really love Alma 7:11-13 this week and we have taught it to alot of people. Jesus Christ can succor us because he suffered all things in the flesh. He will run to our aid if we just ask! I have seen it in action and I know it is true. Read it and study it! We also watched Meet the Mormons. SO GOOD. I don't know if y'all have watched it but if you haven't you need to! And tell everyone you know :) I may have shed a few tears when they showed the missionary. ;) Anyways...so after zone conference we had planned to go to Kennebunk and do some work and try and contact people. Before we left Sister Blume was in the bathroom and I just said a little prayer and asked Heavenly Father if that was where He wanted us to go. And then we left...and we were 2 miles down the road and I just kept thinking of this man we had talked to in North Berwick which is like 20 minutes the OTHER way and I couldn't stop thinking about him. So I asked Sister Blume to pull over and we said a prayer and both felt we should go to North Berwick. Turns out an investigator in the area really needed to hear about the atonement and we taught her pretty much everything we had learned at zone conference. coincidence? I think not!
 
I wish I had more time. But all in all things have been pretty slow this week with our investigators and just people in general due to the weather. I was feeling a little discouraged with no one wanting to talk to us and things continuing to fall through due to agency. That darn agency, sometimes as a missionary I also forget that people have LIVES unlike me. :) But after having a good talk with Heavenly Father he assured me that he is proud of me and that he knows I am trying my hardest. So this week I have made a goal to try and really only focus on making Heavenly Father proud and him being happy with me and not worry about everything else.

I am grateful to be a missionary. Its cool to look back and see how much I have changed. I feel my confidence has grown in all aspects. I am so grateful for the knowledge I have gained this far. This is the hardest thing I have done but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else!

Love you all so much!!!

Love,
Sister Innes

P.S. We talked to a man on the Street who has a blog called Portraits of America. He is going to be doing a post on me and Sister Blume with our picture and everything and possibly me singing... Check it out because we won't be able to :) Search for Portraits of America on facebook and you should find it! I don't have the info with me :(

BYYYYEE!

Oh, pictures of Kennebunk and Zone conference :)




No comments:

Post a Comment