Monday, October 13, 2014

Staying in Stanford/September 22, '14


Hii! :)

How is everyone doing? Well I just received word that I will be staying in Sanford for the next transfer and I will be getting a new senior companion on Tuesday...I will be killing Sister Aeschbacher tomorrow...and I don't wanna do it! She has been such an amazing trainer and so PATIENT with me and my weaknesses. I totally believe those who said that missions train you for marriage..I have so many weaknesses that have seemed to be magnified while I have been out. How grateful I am for my savior who has been helping me to overcome them and become stronger, but also for Sister Aeschbacher who has truly been a representation of my Savior and helping me to see the patience that He has with me. I don't think I could have asked for a more perfect trainer and I am so grateful for the impact that she has left on me and the rest of my life! 

Some highlights from this week:
Tuesday we had lobstah (lobster) and it actually was not bad! I kinda enjoyed it :) It was Sister Aeschbacher's brithday so Sister Paquin in the ward, who is an angel, made it special with fresh corn on the cob and steamers! I wasn't too fond of the clam but the lobster and corn were sooo good! 

This week we really did alot of work with Less-actives and we sure had a miracle! On Tuesdays we have "mormon.org time" where we get to search all of the church websites and find stuff for our investigators as well as get updated with the recent videos, talks, etc. Well we were at the library browsing and in came Sister Royal. I don't know if I told you about our experience with her.. about a month ago we were sitting here just like we are now emailing and she came and sat down right next to me and she made a comment on how fast we were typing and I explained to her that we were missionaries and so we only had 2 hours to talk to our family for the week ..and she asked us what church we were with and I explained and she said, "Hey, I was baptized in that church!" and I said, "You were? Well whats your name?" And she told us her name and she just happened to be a LA we had been trying to get in contact with for quite a while! So we had a good conversation with her and then tried visiting her after that and we could never catch her home...so when we saw her again we knew that it wasn't conicidence..so we got her attention and shared a video with her online and then we set up a time to see her...well we finally visited with her on Wednesday!!...and then on FRiday as well! Friday we brought a member who is just a sweetie! She really clicked with Sister Royal and it was perfect. Well we got talking and she just continued to tell us all the things that were going on in her life and how she just was really sad and just not happy with her life. She struggled to know if God even loved her and we just helped her to really understand how much God loves her and also the love of her savior, Jesus Christ. Somehow it came up that I was a singer and Sister Aeaschbacher requested I sing, "How Great Thou Art." So I did....and wow, I don't think I have ever felt the spirit working through me so strong. It felt as if my spirit was going to jump out of my body! The ability Heavenly Father gave me to testify of my Savior was unlike anything I had ever felt before. After I sang Sister Royal said she just wanted to capture that moment and live in it forever. She said that she felt like a sense of peace had came and just sat right on her heart! 

Thursday we had zone conference and Elder Wilson and his wife, they gave amazing training! It was all about the B of M. There was so much I got out of it and not enough time to share.. but they really stressed how important the B of M is in our conversion. It truly is the cornerstone of our religion! We studied the correspondence of 1 Nephi 1 and the Restoration..MIND BLOWN! I challenge you to try and find the 8 principles mentioned in the 1st lesson of PMG in 1 Nephi 1! I want to hear what you have found next week, k? They really encouraged us to read with our investigators and help them gain a testimony of the book of mormon so once they are baptized they will not fall away. :) So we are really working on being better with that this week!

On Sunday Sister Aeschbacher spoke and I sang in sacament meeting. I was a mess..I probably cried all day and night..probably. But I know that it is all going to work out! The hymn I sang is called "Does the Journey Seem Long" and it was one I have never heard before but Bishop Shaw requested I sing it and, wow, the lyrics are so good! Check it out:)

We had zone interviews about 2 weeks ago and President challenged us to work on one Christlike Attribute and I chose Charity and Love... it is so important in our journey to being like Jesus Christ. I look back on my life and see times where I was so judgemental and I don't even think I knew what charity was...I have repented but also made a commitment to never be that way again. I know that Heavenly Father loves each of His children just the same and no one person is better than the other. "Who am I to judge another, when I walk imperfectly?"   As a representative of Jesus Christ I am here to tell you that as disciples of Jesus Christ WE NEED TO LOVE. And when we do this others will see Christ through us! I know this with all my heart. I'm still working on it and I have a long way to go..but I know that as we pray for charity Heavenly Father will help us. 

I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and I know the gospel is the true and only way to return back to our Heavenly Father. Bishop Shaw said to me yesterday that the only word that sums up a mission is..overwhelming. and he is exactly right! This week I was overwhelmed with the realization that I am a representative of Jesus Christ. And not only that but that he had intrusted me to be a witness of Him at this time. I am humbled at this time to be a missionary and I am grateful mostly for this chance I have to represent the man I am trying to become like. I love being a missionary! 

I love you all sooo much and hope your week is amazing! 

Love,
Sister Innes

No comments:

Post a Comment