Monday, October 13, 2014

Learning and growing(not in height) /September 29, '14

Hi!

What a week it has been....one of much growth. I'm not going to sugar coat anything, this week has been HARD. I felt like I was 18 again leaving for college for the first time. I was so nervous for what lay ahead. Transfer meeting was so LONG! There were 150 missionaries there...so alot of changes this transfer. We had 19 missionaries go home and 27 come in to the mission! 

My new companion is Sister Blume, she is from Clinton, Utah. She is actually younger than me but has been out for 6 months so definitely different but she is so amazing! She is very obedient and very wise when it comes to decision pertaining to missionary work. Also, she entered the MTC on my birthday. Coincidence? I think not. It has been a little overwhelming area training and not having Sister Aeschbacher here. I feel like I am starting to see who I am as missionary which is really cool though.

This week has been a little different with all the changes. Things have been a little slow but we taught some awesome lessons one of which was such a miracle! Brother Preney READ THE B OF M! We met with him on Wednesday and it had been almost 2 weeks since we had seen him and I didn't believe him at first but nonetheless he had read all the way to 2 Nephi 31! So we read through that chapter and he said he knows he needs to be baptized. So we asked him if he would be baptized on December 6 and he was a little hesitant at first but finally agreed it would be a good goal to work towards. He is willing to change but not sure if he can be ready in time but I think he will be. He is so open and loves everything we teach him. We told him about President Monson and he was super interested in that fact that we still have living prophets today...I guess we had forgot to mention that before! haha

Thursday we had plans to visit a bunch of people and no one was home. I was having a very hard time so Sister Blume suggested we get priesthood blessings...So we called Brother and Sister Drew who were the closest members to us at the time. They are SO SWEET. We called them and Brother Drew said to come right over. While we were  there I was crying uncontrollably and I felt so embarrassed but I was just having such a hard time...they were so comforting and the blessing he gave me was just what I needed. One thing he said in my blessing was that I understood the atonement completely. And I've been thinking about that alot lately and it has really given me strength. Neal A. Maxwell gave a talk on the atonement and in it he said the Savior was mentally prepared for the sacrifice he had to make but when he was actually going through it the pain was so much more than he had even imagined. And I think sometimes we can relate (a little bit) to him in the sense that we chose to come hear to earth and we knew that it was going to be hard...but when we're actually going through life sometimes its so much harder than we ever imagined. But the fact that my Savior knows exactly what I'm going through is something that I have held on to this week and helped me to literally get through this week. He's been places with me no one else could ever go! And I am better because of it.

Friday we were given a referral for a lady in Kennebunk and we couldn't find her home..turns out she actually lives in Kennebunk port which is not in our area but we were literally right by the coast...So we went and talked to people on the beach...probably one of my favorite days. 2 of my favorite things in one...the beach and sharing the gospel! We have also been getting so many referrals from the ward which has been SO AWESOME. Sanford ward is so awesome!!

Saturday we visited a LA who I love SO MUCH, Sister Hubbard! We read 1 Nephi 1 and the spirit was really strong and she is now committed to read the B of M after a long time of not :)

Sunday the phone at the church rang during Sacrament meeting and long story short, we have a new investigator! Heavenly Father is blessing us because of our work...more to come about Sister Straffin next week! :)

Well I don't have much time and I wish I did....I love you all!

Share the gospel :)
Love, Sister Innes

Last picture with Sister Aeschbacher 


No comments:

Post a Comment