Monday, June 15, 2015

Peace. 6/15/2015

People who I love:

What a week it has been in Portland, ME!! Did I say that I love this place?!

Well as I was thinking of what I would write home this scripture kept coming to mind. John 14:27 " Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." Last P-day we went to the Portland mall...lets just talk about the fact that I hadn't been to a mall in a year!! So I was really excited about it but when we got there it was probably one of the most disappointing moments of my life. We went to Forever 21 and I just felt so awful and shopping suddenly didn't have the same fulfillment that it used to have for me. And that's why I love this scripture because it just explains the feelings that I have really been feeling this week.  

Me and Sister Hallam have been working hard. We currently don't have anyone we are teaching but we have been doing alot of finding and seeing alot of miracles with that. Friday we had plans to tract a couple streets, visit some potential investigators, and also some members. Well we were headed to go stop by a potential and then tract her street but on our way there we passed this street and I just felt like we needed to tract it. So I told Sister Hallam and we stopped our car and tracted the street. Well..no one wanted to talk to us on that street but we didn't lose hope because we knew Heavenly Father was working something out. So we proceed with our plans and a couple hours later we tried stopping by a members house who we had planned to see an hour earlier but because we tracted that street we were behind schedule...well the member wasn't home so we decided we would try talking to her neighbors. We had no luck until we got to John's house. Well we talked to John for about 20 minutes and he was talking about how he was just worried for his kids and wanted them to turn out like we were....we were talking about just how awful the world is and how the gospel is what has helped us to get where we are at. Long story short- I know that Heavenly Father wanted us to talk to him. I'm not sure what will happen but I'm so grateful we followed the spirit! 

Heres the thing: I love being a missionary and I am so grateful for this opportunity that I have to share my testimony with others..even if they may not want to join the church. Heavenly Father is teaching me so much and I am creating the foundation for my life. I have found so much PEACE in knowing that He loves me no matter what. And I truly know it now. No matter what the world may say or think if I'm good with Him then everything will turn out how it should.

So 1 Nephi 1 that I was talking about last week. Lehi prayed with all His heart...and in verse 15 it says this, " for his soul did rejoice, and his whole heart was filled, because of the things which he had seen, yea, which the Lord had shown unto him." So when we give the Lord all of our heart then our whole heart is filled!! And it is filled with joy and peace and love. Nothing that the World will ever give us. 

We must be strong people!! Hold fast to the iron rod. I love you all so very much!!

Love, Sister Innes




















No comments:

Post a Comment