Monday, June 8, 2015

Portland, ME has my ❤️. 6/8/2015

Hello family and friends! :)

So yes, in case you haven't heard, I am currently in Portland, ME
having a blast training Sister Hallam, who is just as new to Portland
as me! To say the least this week has been unlike anything I have ever
experienced before, BUT I love it so much here! I know Heavenly Father
has put me here so that I could learn to rely on Him more than I
already do. My faith has been tested and strengthened!

This week i have just pleaded with Heavenly Father that He would
strengthen my faith and that He would guide us to where we needed to
go seeing that we had no idea where we were. I'll just share a couple
of neat experiences we had..Heavenly Father is with us and has been
with us from the beginning...this I know, this is His work and we
cannot do it without Him.

So our area covers three towns: South Portland, Cape Elizabeth, and
Scarborough. Wednesday we decided to try out Scarborough. We had a
couple potential investigators there as well as some members we had
planned to stop by so we could get to know the ward. Well we had
planned to see a specific family and then visit a potential
investigator. As we were on our way to visit this family we both felt
like we shouldn't so we decided we would try stopping by the
potentials house. Well when we got there she was getting ready to
leave and if we had come any later we would have missed her! So we
will be meeting with her tomorrow :) soo then we decided we would go
back and visit the family we had originally planned to see. As we
drove up we realized that they were packing everything into their car.
We walked up and talked to them and they said they were literally
getting ready to move...they didn't know where they were going but
Heavenly Father told them to pack up and leave. Talk about FAITH. The
wife said well maybe if you share a message we can receive some
direction...We had just planned to share the restoration but suddenly
the pressure was on! How were we supposed to give them direction?!
Well we followed the spirit and said some things and then I felt
prompted to sing for them...so I sang "How Great Thou Art" and by the
end they were both crying. She said that we were an answer to prayers!
I know that we were sent to them to let them know that God was aware
of them and give them the strength to continue on! What an experience
that was for us!! God is so aware of each of His children.

Friday we went back to Scarborough and we talked to a lady while
tracting who had just stopped going to her church because her pastor
was not a true "Christian" she said. She seemed to be searching and
was very interested in what we had to share. We talked to her about
prophets and how they hold the authority of God so they will never
lead us astray. She was so impressed when she felt our genuine love
for her and when we offered to help her in anyway. I know God sent us
to her!!

I don't have time but like I said the Lord has been guiding us...I
will share more next week!!!

Challenge: study 1 Nephi 1 and tell me what Happened to Lehi's heart
after he prayed with all his heart?? I will share my insights next
week :)

I love you all and hope you have a fabulous week!!!
Love, Sister Innes


No comments:

Post a Comment