Monday, July 6, 2015

God is Good!! 7/6/15

Dear family and friends!!

I'm apologizing in advance for the short email but you'll be ok ;) What another amazing week it was!! 


Wednesday we went on exchanges with our Sister Training Leaders and I got to be reunited with Sister Blume again! What a treat. I love her so much!! I felt like a mom though leaving Sister Hallam. Mom I know how you feel a little bit :) She did great though and it was cool to see her growth when I came back. I was able to see how much I have grown as well though! Training has been the best thing for me. Its exactly what I needed. While being in Yarmouth with Sister Blume I realized that my confidence and Trust in HEavenly Father has grown immensely. Missionary work is the same no matter where you're at. If you follow the spirit you can do whatever he needs you to. We went and taught a man who was recently baptized but since then has gone less-active. We had a goal to listen to eachother and the spirit and as we did the lesson went exactly how it needed to. Even though I didn't know him or his wife we were able to follow the spirit and bring the spirit into their home. It was amazing! Heavenly Father will never let us down if we only trust in Him.

We met with Sister Crawford quite a bit this week and oh she is just an amazing woman. I am so grateful to have met her. This week we talked about faith. We read and discussed Matthew 14: 22-33 when Peter walks on water but when he fears and doubts he falls into the sea and begins to drown. But then Christ immediately picks him up and says, "O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?" This is one of my favroite stories because it rings true for me! But, I loved how Chirst was right there to pick him up when he fell and I know he does the same thing for us. We have no need to fear though. If we keep our eyes on him and TRUST in him we can do all things! It was amazing to see Sister Crawford's faith grow this week...she came to church! My heart was just filled with happiness :)

We also met with our investigator couple who are just awesome as well. They had a lot of questions so we talked about how the only way they can know that it is all true is if they pray and through the Holy ghost they will receive an answer. An answer that they will know and cannot deny. We discussed 3 Nephi 14:7-11 "Ask , and it shall be given unto you; seek , and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. For every one that asketh, receiveth; and he that seeketh, findeth; and to him that knocketh, it shall be opened. Or what man is there of you, who, if his son ask bread, will give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father who is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?" We testified to them that if they prayed they would receive an answer and it would be one they would know recognize because God knows them perfectly! The spirit was there and they said it was really deep but they agreed to pray! I know and have a firm testimony that He will answer us and it will be in a way that we cannot deny because He knows us. And he loves us.

I hope you all have a great week and don't forget to trust and have faith in God and Jesus Christ! They love us. and I love you!!!!!

Sister Innes






No comments:

Post a Comment