Monday, July 20, 2015

Trust in Him! 7/20/2015

To whoever is still reading these things:

First of all, I love you!! 
Second of all, Sister Hallam hit her 2 month mark today which means I am getting really old. I am what you would consider a senior citizen in missionary age...its pretty sad. 

This week was a really good one for many reasons. The first being that we got to do alot of walking!! Our car had to get repaired due to some damage done by previous missionaries so we got to walk all over South Portland. It was great! I am no longer pasty but I have really great tan lines. Missionary tan lines are THE BEST! The weather has been amazing this week as well, so I'm grateful for that. 

We also got to meet with Sister Crawford this week. We have been working with her to get a strong tesimony of the Book of Mormon so that we can help her set a date for baptism. We were talking about the Book of Mormon and she said, "If not everyone knows about this book, I don't know why Heavenly Father chose me to read it." And we talked about Moroni 10:3-5. in verse 3 it says, "Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts."  We talked about how Heavenly Father had chosen her at this time to read the Book of Mormon because he knew she was ready! The spirit was so strong and its been amazing to see her faith grow. I was reminded this week of how blessed I am personally to have the Book of Mormon, it has changed my life. I am forever grateful for parents who instilled in me a testimony of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and the things that I have learned by reading, pondering, and praying about it. And I know it will change YOUR life if it hasn't already! Give it a try. :)

We also met with the man I mentioned last week. He is so prepared! He has been reading in the Book of Mormon every night since we met him and he said that he has felt a literal increase of light in his life. His character is changing..he is more forgiving, patient, and kind. He said he feels it is all right and knows that this is what He needs to start again. He is amazing and I'm so grateful Heavenly Father allowed us to teach him at this time. I know that as he continues to learn that His life will change and he will continue to feel more peace, light, and hope! Thats what this gospel is all about! Second chances, change, hope, peace, love, and JOY!! 

As I sat in sacrament meeting yesterday during the passing of the sacrament, I was reminded of the love God has for me personally. Every night I pray for something I can be better at. Lately I continue to receive the answer "prayer"..I couldn't figure out why so I was praying to Heavenly Father about it and the words came into my head.."let me take it." And I realized that I had been praying but I wasn't praying as I should. I was trying to do it all on my own. And he reminded me that I didn't have to! And I know that is true! We never have to do it alone. He is always there, we must trust in Him!

I love you all and hope you have a great week!!!

Love, Sister Innes

"I met Mimi Knowles Dad today!" So nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment