Tuesday, August 11, 2015

My Best Friend. 8/10/15

To those who I love:

How in the Heavens are ya?! It has been an AMAZING week with so many miracles!!

Brother Ishihara has made so much progress this week!! We met with him on Tuesday and we read through 3 Nephi 11 with him. In verse 19 and 20 it says, "And Nephi arose and went forth, and bowed himself before the Lord and did kiss his feet.  And the Lord commanded him that he should arise. And he arose and stood before him."We talked about how Jesus was so humble and He saw everyone as His friend. He did not want the praise. It made me think of these verses in John 15:13-15. "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you." Jesus Christ immediately went on to expound upon the matter of baptism and tell the people what they needed to do to return to Heavenly Father. Everything he did was to fulfill his purpose in fulfilling Heavenly Father's purpose for us. He is our friend , our brother. He loves us so much....After we met with Brohter Ishihara he texted us and said that 3 Nephi was now his favorite chapter! 

Sister Hallam and I organized a Musical Fireside for the ward so we spent alot of time on that this week as much as time allowed...haha..but I got the opportunity to play for a couple of the msuical numbers and one of them was for this lady named Aziza from Africa! She is so awesome. Her and her husband were famous musicians in Africa. So we went on Wednesday to figure out a song and  I got to sing for them and Maisha informed me that we are going to record something together before I leave! haha so excited :) 

So after some practicing and other technical things the Fireside finally happened and it was perfect. The spirit was so incredibly strong and it was a memorable night for everyone involved. I was pretty stressed about it but it all turned out. Sister Hallam and I sang and then some other ward members sang and did some fantastic instrumentals...and Aziza sang! Aziza hasn't been able to come to church for awhile because of work but then she came to church on Sunday!! I was so happy :) and then we had this amazing African dinner with her last night. It was so good. :)

Brother Ishihara came to church on Sunday and stayed for all 3 hours. We met with him last night and taught him the Word of Wisdom and he informed us that he had already quit coffee haha! The guy is legit. We talked about church and he said that he would go to church 3 times a week if he could. He said its a good start for his week and keeps him in the right mind set. He also mentioned that he might want to get baptized earlier! He said I know that everything is true and know that this is the way we are intended to live so I don't see why I would need to hold off any longer...so as of now we don't quite know when he will be getting baptized but probably in the next couple weeks :) He has been prepare and its amazing to see his faith and desire to be baptized! I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to teach him.

Friday me and Sister were doing role plays, which like I said are usually really awkward but once and a while they are really awesome. Well this time was one of those. We were practicing the Restoration in preparation for a lesson we were teaching that day. Usually we will teach with the person in mind that we are planning to teach but this time it was cool because we ended up teaching each other. On the front of the Restoration pamphlet it has a picture of Jesus holding a lamb and Sister Hallam asked me how I felt when I looked at the picture. I have seen it a million times and been asked and asked that question a million times, it seems, but as I said, "love," I literally just felt this overwhelming feeling of love and she went on to ask me how I though He felt about that lamb and if He felt that way about me..once again I said he loved the lamb but answering in all honesty I told her that I don't always feel like he feels that way about me. And I think that we all feel that way sometimes...and it just happened to be one of those days. But as we continued to teach each other I continued to feel an increased amount of love from Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. By the end we were both bawling because the spirit was just so strong! And, so I am here to tell you again that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us. I know that Jesus Christ is our friend. He has already paid the price and laid the path for Salvation through example and sacrifice. All he asks is that we follow Him...He has given us all that we need to return to live with our Father again. Oh how I love My Savior, Jesus Christ, He is my Best Friend.

I hope that you all have a fantastic week...if you ever get down do something for someone else it will literally change your life. Trust me ;)

I love you alll!!! 

Love, Sister Innes








No comments:

Post a Comment