Monday, December 14, 2015

Hello!! 11/23/2015

Hello Family and Friends :)

What a beautiful day it is here at the Joseph Smith Birthplace Memorial! Yes, you heard right, I am now in South Royalton, VT!! Half of my time here will be spent serving at the JSBM, which I am so excited for! Me and my new companion, Sister Petersen, will start officially this Friday after Thanksgiving. :)

Speaking of Sister Petersen, man I just love her. She is such a unique individual whom I admire so much. She is very wise and I have already learned a lot from her. Heavenly Father sure knows what He is doing!

Wednesday we met with a man from the missionary department and he trained us on what we would be doing, lets just say I am very excited! We will be doing a lot with the Christmas Initiative which starts this coming Sunday. All the info will be here: christmas.mormon.org . We are having the lighting ceremony for the Christmas lights here on Friday and Saturday at 7 PM as well as a live nativity! Then after that me and Sister Petersen will be involved in helping with tours every night from 5-9  until the end of December! We also have been asked to use our musical talents so, if you come you might here a song or two from us :) We also will be proselyting in our area during the day. SO We have got our hands full but, I know this is where both of us are supposed to be. Did I say I'm excited?! 

Sister Petersen and I shotgunned the area so it has been an interesting week and I honestly I still feel like I don't know much but we have had some sweet miracles. We met with a less than active member who is dealing with alot of sickness. We taught about the enabling power of the atonement and promised her she could do it with the help of the atonement. It was a sweet moment when she told us she would come to church! We also met with another less than active member who can't come to church because of work who committed to go to the temple by the end of the year!! We have some great members and already have some awesome referrals. I am so grateful to be here. 

A quote I have really loved this week, "Some may think they have failed too many times and feel too weak to change sinful acts or worldly desires of the heart. However, as covenant Israel, we don’t just try and try on our own to change. If we earnestly appeal to God, He takes us as we are—and makes us more than we ever imagined." I had a sweet experience this weekend...I have been a little overwhelmed with all the changes and I've been trying to do everything on my own..(typical)..well the Lord humbled me and reminded me that I CANNOT do it on my own and that He loves me. As we yield our hearts to God like Neill F Marriott said, "It will all work out!" THAT is what I am trusting in. He loves us and will take care of us as we trust in Him. 

I love you all and hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving!!! 

Loves, 
Sister Innes




No comments:

Post a Comment