Monday, February 16, 2015

Eternity! 2/16/15


Hello! 

To Whoever is reading this: you're awesome. Really, you are. I am so blessed to have amazing friends and family! So thank you for being awesome. 

This week was great! Instead of getting two feet of snow like the weatherman predicted, we got.....one....inch. Yep, they even cancelled church because it was supposed to be a nasty storm...and it was I hear but, it missed us! :) And the sun is shining....I really like the sun. Arizona girl is missing warmth but you know, this too shall pass. WHATEVER DOESN'T KILL ME MAKES ME STRONGER...and FATTER. ;)

Anywayssss....Liz is getting baptized in two weeks!!! We met with her on Tuesday and taught her about Prophets. So we discussed what prophets were and why they were important...and then we asked her why prophets were important to her and she gave us this cool analogy that was so clever...she compared ta TV to a Prophet, the power cord to Jesus Christ and the electric outlet to Heavenly Father. If we didn't have the TV (prophet) we wouldn't be able to  receive everything we need to know from Heavenly Father. She is doing so well!

This transfer I have been working on the Christlike Attribute: Humility and man, Heavenly Father sure has been helping me this week to become humble. So I told you on Monday we got a flat tire...and then Tuesday our car was getting fixed so, you guessed it, we got to walk! Well, while we were walking....Sister Innes dropped the apartment keys alongside our busy street. And we didn't realize it until 6 PM when it was dark and I had to pee really bad...so after being frustrated for a good minute I humbled myself and we said a prayer. We decided to talk to our neighbor Bob..the man is so nice! He loaned us his big flashlight and we went on down the street to trace our footsteps..and lo and behold there were our keys about half a mile down the road! So the next morning I was pondering the last couple days and wondering why all these unfortunate things were happening to me (bruised and swollen thumb, flat tire, lost keys)...And I realized that not only was Heavenly Father humbling me, but He was compelling me to be grateful. Because I sure wasn't doing it on my own! But, how grateful I am for a thumb that I can write with, drive with, and most importantly play the piano with, I am grateful for a warm car, and for a warm apartment...all things I took for granted! 

Wenesday night we had the opportunity of teaching the Young Women about missionary work...and my favorite thing we shared with them were the benefits of serving a mission. I was able to see all the things I have learned and gained on my mission...all things that I will use for the rest of my life. I shared a scripture: Words of Mormon 1: 7-8 "And I do this for a wise purpose; for thus it whispereth me, according to the workings of the Spirit of the Lord which is in me. And now, I do not know all things; but the Lord knoweth all things which are to come; wherefore, he worketh in me to do according to his will. And my prayer to God is concerning my brethren, that they may once again come to the knowledge of God, yea, the redemption of Christ; that they may once again be a delightsome people."  I came here on a mission because the spirit moved me to...I don't know really exactly why Heavenly Father needed me here in New England...but. I know that I am where He would have me and because of that I am becoming the person He wants me to become! 

I read somewhere that this life is designed with hardships...and I'm sure we have all had our share of hardships. But the knowledge that all things in our life is for our learning and growing is something that I have really held onto lately..and not just that but the fact that we are here to become like Heavenly Father. We our Children of God! Our potential is eternity people! We are made of eternal matter...we have a potential far beyond our knowledge to reach...and this earth life is only preparing us for that. Our time here on Earth is short...let us make it count!

Okay I will get off my soapbox...but if I could I would tell each of you individually that you are a Child of God.  You are loved eternally...and you are worth it. I love you alll! Have a good week :)

Love,
Sister Innes





No comments:

Post a Comment