Monday, February 2, 2015

I will survive!! With a little help from my Heavenly Father. 2/2/15

Hello! :)

In case you were worried, I survived the blizzard and I didn't die of Ebola! Life is great. It is currently snowing and we are expected to get 12-18 inches today :) I'm just loving it so much...(fake it till you make it right?) No, but I have learned and grown alot this week!

My new companion is Sister Maxwell, shes been out four and a half months and she is awesome! Shes so cute I just want to put her in my pocket..she is from Cedar City, Utah and she is just really cool...our first night together we visited a potential investigator and taught her the restoration and the spirit was so strong. I was so impressed by how easily Sister Maxwell was able to bring the spirit into the room. She says she is a horrible teacher but I'd say otherwise.

Well, I'll just give some awesome highlights of the week!

Monday me and Sister Olsen were deathly ill but after our P-day was over we got up and went and visited the Mckinley's. Did I tell you how much I love them? They both our awesome and I just know that Heavenly Father sent us specificly to them for a reason...Sister Mckinley read EIGHT CHAPTERS in the Book of Mormon! That never happens people. 

Tuesday we stayed inside....all day....and it snowed...and we slept....and it snowed...and we did the area book...and it snowed...and we got alot done! And got alot better....Heavenly Father knew I needed a day to sleep so he sent a blizzard! He is pretty awesome:) Me and Sister Olsen were also able to have a really awesome talk...we talked about all that we had learned so far on our missions and it was really neat to see all that I really have learned and the person I have become...If there is anything I have learned on my mission it is what really matters in life...I find that things I used to think mattered just really don't anymore. My perspective has changed with the testimony I have gained...and I'm so grateful. My confidence has grown as I have come to know my Heavenly Father and his plan for me and ultimately feel of his love. I am so grateful to be a missionary.

Friday it snowed some more...and we tried driving and I got our car stuck. Luckily this really nice large man pushed us out and we drove straight home and parked the car for the day...at 4 PM. We were supposed to be at Liz's at 5 and we weren't driving so we started walking...yep we walked about 2.5 miles in 3 inches of snow...and we talked to 11 people on the way! 

Sunday the Mckinleys both came to church!! Best day ever :)

Well my time is up and I haven'teven covered half of what I wanted to...but I'll just say this. Heavenly Father knows us...He loves us and if rely on Him and Jesus Christ we can do anything...I know it because I tried it this week :)

Well I love you all! 

Love, Sister Innes

No comments:

Post a Comment