Monday, February 23, 2015

God is Good! 2/23/15

Helloooo! 

Are y'all ready for this? I don't think you are. I've got so much good stuff to tell you it will blow your mind!! Ok. Lets see if I can get it all in ;)

Monday we met with the Mckinley's and taught them the "Gospel of Jesus Christ" with some help from an awesome couple in the ward, the Barry's. We went throught the first principles and ordinances of the gospel and Sister Mckinley was asking alot of questions about baptism....the spirit was so strong and I could tell she was really thinking about. But there was still some hesitation. At the end of the lesson we invited her to keep praying and she said she would!

Tuesday we had plans to see Lizmary but she cancelled...so we got some good ol' tracting done. We also met with one of my favorite Sisters in the ward (shhh) Sister Sears. We read through Mosiah 4 and my favorite verse I think is verse 11:  "And see that all these things are done in wisdom and order; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength. And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order." In the chapter it talks about all these good things we need to be doing but then we are reminded that we must not do more than we can...And I was reminded that all Heavenly Father expects is our best. Sometimes we get so caught up in all the things that we aren't doing, all the things that we can be better at...I know I do. But what about all the stuff we are doing? Do you think Heavenly Father see all we're doing? I know He does and he loves us for it. Even when we may not feel what we do even matters. As long as we try our best, THAT is what matters.

Wednesday, we were able to meet with Liz! It had been almost a week...and I was so stressed about getting her ready for her baptism. Well...she informed us that she has decided to not be baptized yet...and I was devastated. I felt she was ready..but she told us she didn't feel like it was for her. She told us she was doing it for her family...and we assured her that it was a good decision because baptism is a big thing. And one should not go into it half-heartedly! I love her so much though... and know that things will work out when the time is right. But! We met with a potential, Megan, who is so sweet. She is a single working mom with 5 kids! We had planned to just share a quick scripture because we didn't have much time to meet with her...but I was prompted we should share the "Plan of Salvation" and so we did and the spirit was so strong! She was recently told that she might get her kids taken away from her because of reasons unknown to me. But we were able to testify to her that the gospel is one that will help her to be a better mother and teach her kids the things that they need to know to be the people she would want them to be...and we are seeing her on Wednesday! Miracle :) That night though we went home and I was still a little sad about Liz...I was so excited to see my first baptism...I was being selfish. But I prayed to Heavenly Father and asked him to help me...and to help me know something I could to be better the next day...and He told me patience....How was I supposed to have patience? 

Thursday I decided I would study patience...and I was led to Alma 26 :27 27 "Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success." And I thought, "Well gee, that will never happen." But the spirit testified to me that it was true...and so I plead for patience. Well that night, we met with the Mckinley's again. Sister Mckinley informed us that she had read in the Book of Mormon!! So we had planned to read a bit more with her. But then she stopped us and said ok, I have a couple questions...and she said it was about baptism but I could tell she was having trouble trying to phrase her question so I said, "How? Where? when? why?, and she said, "Yes, How long does it take for someone to be baptized?" And she went on to explain that she had been thinking about baptism ever since Monday and she... felt it was right! My heart wanted to just burst with joy! She said that as she was reading the Book of Mormon she said out loud, "I want to know if this is true." And as she started reading she had the urge to mark certain verses, and then she realized...that there was something different about the book due to the fact that she wanted to mark in it because she rarely does that. And she felt that was her answer. So, God is good, like I said. He knows each of His children. He knows me...and He knows Sister Mckinley. :)

Fast forward Sunday! After 2 weeks of not taking the sacrament my spirit was yearning for it! It was such an awesome day. We were able to see fruits of our labors in many different forms with a little help from Heavenly Father. I was privileged to sing in Sacrament meeting, (Thanks Mom, Sarah, and Leisel for scrounging every LDS music sight to get the music to me ;)) But the cool thing about it was that Sister Smith, a member who wasn't able to get to church much since I have been in Waterville due to work, was able to accompany me on the violin...she said she hadn't played since her sophomore year of high school..and she did great!!! We also had some other members who haven't been  able to get to church in awhile come to church...and it was awesome! I also got to play the piano at a memorial service. Boom! As I went home last night, I was exhausted but so happy. 

Well, My time is up but I think I got everything in. If you're still reading, you're awesome!!! Well Iove you all and hope you have a great week!!! :)

Love, Sister Innes









NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment