Monday, March 9, 2015

He is the light. 3/2/2015

Dearest Family and Friends! :)

It's March!! Time just keeps flying and I don't like it. I turn 21 in 24 days!!! Not that I'm counting or anything :)

This week though I have really come to know my Savior so much better... Here are some memories that I never want to forget:

Monday we met with the Mckinley's and Sister Mckinley had prayed about a baptismal date and it is...drum roll please.....April 2nd!! When she told us I was as happy as a fat kid with chocolate cake. And she was like, "I knew you were going to smile like that!" But it was so happy..and a little shocking. I wasn't expecting it that quick but she is so prepared. I sometimes feel like I was sent to Waterville just for her. :)

Wednesday we had Interviews with President and Zone meeting! One word: AMAZING. I went in that day having prayed that I would be directed and prompted by the spirit on how I could be better and get some answers to things I was struggling with. My interview with President was everthing I needed and more...as I sat there and just spilled my soul out to him he listened and spoke to me with so much love and mercy. The next day I was reading in 3 Nephi 8 & 9. and in verse 14 it says, "Yea, verily say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal lifeBehold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will receive; and blessed are those who come unto me." And then in verse 22 it says, "Therefore, whoso repentethand cometh unto me as a little child, him will receive, for of such is the kingdom of God. Behold, for such have laid down my life, and have taken it up again; therefore repent, and come unto me ye ends of the earth, and be saved." And those verses just hit home. I truly felt the mercy and love of my Savior. I think that day as I sat there with President I came to know my Savior a little bit more. He is so kind, so loving, and SO merciful. More than I ever thought He could be. He loves us and wants us to come unto Him, and as we do we are blessed with the most precious gifts we could ever imagine.

Our zone leaders also gave an amazing lesson and in it they showed us a video of the talk by Jeffrey R Holland, "Missionary Work and the Atonement." The day before I had been asking myself, "Why is this so hard?" And I loved what he said in response to that exact question. 
"I am convinced that missionary work is not easy because salvation is not cheap experience. Salvation never was easy. We are The Church of Jesus Christ, this is the truth, and He is our Great Eternal Head. How could we believe it would be easy for us when it was never, ever easy for Him? It seems to me that missionaries and mission leaders have to spend at least few moments in Gethsemane. Missionaries and mission leaders have to take at least step or two toward the summit of Calvary... If you wonder if there isn’t an easier way, you should remember you are not the first one to ask that. Someone lot greater and lot grander asked long time ago if there wasn’t an easier way.The Atonement will carry the missionaries perhaps even more importantly than it will carry the investigators. When you struggle, when you are rejected, when you are spit upon and cast out and made hiss and byword, you are standing with the best life this world has ever known, the only pure and perfect life ever lived. You have reason to stand tall and be grateful that the Living Son of the Living God knows all about your sorrows and afflictions. The only way to salvation is through Gethsemane and on to Calvary. The only way to eternity is through Him—the Way, the Truth, and the Life." And I realized that as a Representative of Jesus Christ I have to go through a little bit of what He went through...if I didn't I wouldn't know Him. Salvation was never easy!

Thursday we taught Sister Mckinley the Word of Wisdom and she is so on board...we are working hard on getting her off of cigarettes. She knows its what she needs to do though...and I know that Heavenly Father will help her. 

Friday we met with Sister Arlington, a woman in the ward who I've come to love! We were talking about prayer and how we are told to always have a prayer in our heart and to have sincere prayers. And she went on to talk about how she has conversations with Heavenly Father about everything...she had a 2 hour conversation with Him about the woodpeckers in her front yard she told us. But the spirit bore witness to me that we should talk to Heavenly Father about everything. He is our father, and when we talk to him about everything than we build trust and we come to know him so much better. So I challenge you to talk to Heavenly Father not just about the hard times but the good times and the things that make you happy or a really funny joke you heard that day! I know he wants to hear :)

Saturday we did some good ol' raking and shoveling of horse manure! And guess what, I could do it! I found this gem today: D&C 84: 80 "And any man that shall go and preach this gospelof the kingdom, and fail not to continue faithful in all things, shall not be weary in mind, neither darkened, neither in body, limb, nor joint; and hair of his head shall not fall to the ground unnoticed. And they shall not go hungry, neither athirst." And I'll tell you it's true! My back does not hurt at all after doing that labor. It truly is a miracle. Thank you for your prayers and thoughts.. Heavenly Father has sure blessed me. I know that as I strive to be faithful that He will continue to help me.

Sunday Sister Mckinley came to church! And so did our other investigator Megan. :) It was a great day! And Liz's little sister ended up still being baptized after church...and it was so sweet. It made me remember the feelings I had when I was baptized..that was the first time I can actually remember feeling the Holy Ghost! Sister Mckinley loved it...she is so excited to be baptized! It makes my heart happy :)

Well this week I have also been studying alot on Jesus Christ and how hHe is the "light of the world" 3 Nephi 12: 14-16 and 3 Nephi 18:24. As we come unto Jesus Christ, as we embrace and live His gospel and strive to be like him we are filled with his light..in a spiritual sense... But also in a literal sense...we have a tangible light that people can see. What are your thoughts? I'm obsessed with the subject right now! 

Well I love you all. Thanks for your love and support!  Have an awesome week! :)

Love, Sister Innes

P.S.  old pictures and new pictures :)





No comments:

Post a Comment