Monday, March 30, 2015

#happybirthdaytome 3/30/15

Hello friends and family!!

Thank you for all of the Birthday Wishes, it has been an awesome week! Definitely a Birthday I will remember. I also was happy to hear of some of the experiences you had with sharing the gospel. Thank you :)

Tuesday we had an amazing lesson with the two men from the Veterans Home I mentioned last week. We taught the Plan of Salvation and the spirit was so thick you could have cut it with a knife. These men are so prepared...so humble and very open-minded. It was amazing to see the change that took place within them as the spirit found its way into their hearts. I was just reminded of the love Heavenly Father has for each of His children. I could feel His love for these men...The Plan of Salvation is for each of us given by a LOVING Heavenly Father.

I had a cool study this week on Ether 6, specifically verses 5-12. I loved how it talks about how the Lord sent fierce winds to lead them to the promised land. And those fierce winds caused many waves and tempest which even buried them in the sea at times. But it was all for a purpose to get them to the promised land...just like the challenges and trials in our lives. Its easy sometimes to murmur and complain about the things we are going through but when we look back we realize that they were leading us to eternal life...shaping us into who we need to be so that we will be fit for the celestial kingdom. 

Friday we had zone conference and I got to train for the first time! Scariest thing of my life. I still feel like a new missionary, so training missionaries was just a whole new ball-game for me. But with the Lord's help it went well. Also, our who conference was on Chapter 8 in Preach My Gospel, "Using Time Wisely" and it was just awesome! I learned alot of things. Before I went I asked Heavenly Father how I could more fully show my love for him. During zone Conference I was prompted to read through "The Fourth Missionary." In the talk it talks about how the "fourth missionary" gives his will to Heavenly Father and because of that He is changed. Heavenly Father chastened me a bit as I read but my heart was changed and I am now fully committed to Heavenly Father. I am doing His will...He asked me to be here so I am going to give everything that I have. I know He will bless me and if I trust Him, He will make of me what He wants me to be. 

I am really excited for this week because Easter is coming! I love the initiative the church has going on about Jesus Christ and the reality of His resurrection. #becausehelives we will live again! I am so so so excited to bare my testimony to everyone about this simple truth and I hope you all will as well. I would encourage you to watch the video at helives.mormon.org and share it. In Mosiah 16:7-9 it says, "And if Christ had not risen from the dead, or have broken the bands of death that the grave should have no victory, and that death should have no sting, there could have been no resurrection. But there is a resurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ. He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death." In Sacrament meeting an Elder that I serve with in the Montpelier ward shared this scripture and shared a very personal testimony about how he knew this was true..his dad died after one year of being on his mission. And as he bore his testimony that he knew he would see his dad again..the spirit confirmed to me that it was true. As a representative of Jesus Christ I testify that He lives and I know that we will all live again too. I know that He is our Savior. And because He still lives today we have access to His grace, love, mercy, hope and joy at any moment! He is here!...Find Him #becausehelives.

I hope you have a great week and gain some awesome revelation from General conference this week! Happy Easter :)

Love, Sister Innes







No comments:

Post a Comment