Wednesday, April 8, 2015

He is Risen!!! 4/6/2015

Hi all you people!!

Wow, what a week it has been! (I think I always say that), but really this week has been so great. This letter is really hard for me to write today and I'm not too sure why so bear with me. Maybe it's because I'm never on computers :)

Let me just start off with conference!! Rocked my face off. I am so grateful for the prophets and apostles. I am kicking myself because I forgot my conference notes at the apartment but what a spiritual feast it was this weekend. I really loved Michael T. Ringwood's talk about serving because we love God and not for the praise or attention from others. I'm just gonna spill my heart out to you for a second if you don't mind. I have fought this battle pretty much my whole life I think, worrying about what others think. And let me tell you it is not very fun. At the beginning of my mission I was worried about pictures I would send home or letters I would write, and what other missionaries thought about me. I wanted to be the perfect missionary...and I'll tell you its really tiring. I have come to a conclusion though that the only thing that matters is what God thinks. I am here serving for Him, I am here on earth to please Him. Should I be worried about what others think if He is pleased with me? No. All things we do should be out of love. Love for God, love for His children, and love for Jesus Christ. I found that I am truly happy when all I am worried about is pleasing God...so I am very imperfect. I am very weak...but I know God loves me. He will always love me. Even when I feel inadequate He loves me. And He loves you. Trust in Him and give your heart to him..its the easy way to do things...

Anyways, the Lord is blessing us in Montpelier!! We currently have 10 investigators who we are meeting with pretty regularly...one who we just started teaching this week! Her name is Liz and she is from Arizona!! It was an instant connection :) She is currently attending Norwich University here in Northfield. She is friends with a boy in the ward and she came to church last Sunday and really loved it. So we asked her if she would want to meet with us and she accepted! We met with her on Friday and the girl is just amazing. She is so open to whatever God may have planned for her. She is so respectful of our religion and really just wants to know more. We taught her the Restoration and the spirit was so strong! Aww!!

I wish I had more time to write but my P-day has been cut short so we can go to Missionary Leadership Council! My first one :) I'm excited!! 

I will write more next week...I love you all so much! Thanks for all the love and support :) 

Love, Sister Innes

No comments:

Post a Comment