Monday, April 13, 2015

I stand all amazed. Everyday!! 4/13/15

Hello friends and family:)

How is everyone doing? Just so you know, its a whopping 60 degrees and sunny over here!! Needless to say, the tights have come off and the legs are nice and pasty ;) Mhmm!! Love it. Me and Sister May ran a whole mile and a half this week. Yes, I ran the whole things!!! Haha I have decided that I want to run a 5k when I get home, who is with me? 

Really though, its been an amazing week. I never want to leave this place.

Monday we left for Manchester and got to have dinner at the Mission home with President and Sister Stoker so Sister May could have her exit interview. Don't get me started on that one, I am not ready for her to leave yet! I just love her so much. Anyways, it was a great night...I hadn't been to the mission home since July! I got to spend sometime talking to Sister Stoker and their daughter. Such awesome people.  We got to spend the night at the mission home and then...

Tuesday was MLC!! I absolutely loved it. Basically all of the zone leaders and sister training leaders get to meet with President Stoker and talk about how things are going in the mission, and receive training that we will then pass on to our zones. I have really been trying to figure out what I can do to be a better teacher, because to be honest it terrifies me! But, President gave us a training on how to be a better teacher (Imagine that) and it was awesome. The thing that stood out to me was that he focused on LOVE. When we have love for those we are teaching they will be more apt to receive what we are teaching and they will want to change and act on what they learn. So that is what I am trying to focus on when I teach TOMORROW! Me and Sister May are splitting up, I'm teaching a zone full of just elders (pray for me) and she is teaching our zone. It will be a good experience but I'm a tad nervous! Anyways MLC was awesome, and I love being an STL! We got into Montpelier around 8:30 that night and still had a 30 minute drive to our apartment and so we were going to stop and get gas but decided to stop closer to home. Well we are driving to the place we normally get gas and we pass this other gas station. And Sister May was like "We need to go back to that gas station, I don't know why we just do." So I'm like, "Ok?" So we go and get gas and still nothing and I'm wondering why we were led here and then out walks this man from the gas station...I was putting the gas in the car and Sister May was checking the air pressure in the tires. He asked us if there was something wrong and she explained what she was doing and He proceeded to ask what church we were with and we told him and He said, "Oh, I used to go to that church, I need to get back!! (are you kidding me?) So...you guessed it, we set up a time to see him!...we were able to meet with Larry on Friday and share the restoration, the spirit was definitely leading us in that lesson. He plans to come to church this Sunday! :)

Friday we also saw another investigator, Sandy. Oh I just love her! Satan works very hard on her at times. She loves the church and wants to be baptized but She has alot of fear. Mainly of people and them judging her. So we were able to share, Elder Bednars talk, "Therefore they Hushed Their Fears https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2015/04/therefore-they-hushed-their-fears?lang=eng . We were able to talk to her about how having Faith in Christ helps us to overcome those fears we have and the spirit was able to bear a powerful witness to her. We talked about Peter and how he kept his eyes on the Savior as he walked on the water, but as soon as he looked away he fell. But Jesus Christ reached out and grabbed him...and she loved that part. Even when we lack faith he is still there...He will never leave us! She said that she would like to work towards baptism! And she is determined to come to church on Sunday :) Miracles!  

Friday we met with Brother Yakowich and his mom! Shed fed us a yummy lunch and then were able to discuss the Book of Mormon. He is already in 1 Nephi 5! He hadn't read through the intro yet though and still had some questions concerning Joseph Smith and everything so we decided that would be perfect to read with him. While we read his mom just listened...the spirit was so strong...especially during the two last paragraphs. Afterwards she started talking about how praying is just a miracle. What a miracle it is that Heavenly Father actually listens and not only that He answers back! But why wouldn't He, he is our Father. WE talked to a couple on the street yesterday who were convinced that there was no possible way we could have a personal relationship with deity...my heart just ached for them!! I can't imagine how lost I would be without my relationship with Heavenly Father. Anyways...the spirit really touched Sister Yakowich and his mom. And my testimony of the Book of Mormon was confirmed once again! It is true!

Sunday we had Stake Conference and it was so great. President Weekes talked about the intent of our hearts...one things i loved that he said was that, "Our intent shows the strength of our faith!" I have really really learned that these last couple weeks. 

After Stake Conference we came back to Montpelier and did some street contacting, aww the weather was beautiful! And then I heard someone playing the guitar and I looked and saw a man and a girl sitting there just jamming. AWW! I was like Sister May, we need to go over there and talk to them! So we went over there and had an awesome conversation with them...the girl is 19 and she sings and plays piano, and she sings like the same stuff I did before the mission!! So, I asked them if I could sing a song for them and then they could do something for me. Coolest experience so far! I sang "How Great Thou Art" on the corner of Main Street in Montpelier, VT and aww the spirit was just bursting inside me. If thats possible? Long story short, we might be meeting with the girl this week to jam (and teach a lesson ;))!

 I also had the sweet experience of singing, "Joseph Smith's First Prayer" at a special fireside at the Joseph Smith Memorial last night. I am grateful for the things the spirit taught me as I sang. The church is true! The gospel Jesus Christ has been restored. How grateful I am! 

Well my time is up, but I love each of you so much! Have a beautiful week! :)

Love, Sister Innes



Pics: MLC, Snow in April, and Fireside with Mira and Sister May!






No comments:

Post a Comment