Monday, April 20, 2015

I love Montpelier! 4/20/15

Hello family and friends :)

How goes it? Life is going great here in the state of Vermont! It has been sunny and warm this past week...which means this week it will be rainy and cold :) Welcome to Vermont!! It does what it wants. Anyways, it really has been an awesome week except for the fact that Sister May is leaving me....She leaves tomorrow and I will stay here and receive a new companion. Bitter-sweet feelings today!

Well on Tuesday we had exchanges with the Sisters who are currently serving in the Lyndon area and I got to serve with Sister Crook here in Montpelier. It was kind of cool, me and Sister May had to split up for zone meetings so me  and Sister Crook went to Essex, VT and I got to teach a whole zone of elders by myself! haha it was so fun. I loved being able to spend time with Sister Crook though, she taught me alot! She always has a smile on her face and it is so infectious! So I have been trying to be better at that. It just makes everything bette when you've got a smile on your face. ;) 

This week me and Sister May had a goal to get 3 investigators and 3 returning members at sacrament meeting and the results were amazing!! We worked our tails off, and yesterday we'll just say we about hit our goal...oh it was a beautiful day!! My heart could have bursted...a feeling I've never felt before. 

I started studying the New Testament this week and I was in Matthew 8 where it talks about all these different people Jesus christ heals and then it says " That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses." And the spirit helped me to see it from a new perspective. Jesus Christ can literally heal us of sickness because he suffered it...not only does he know how it feels but he has the power to take it away because he overcame it. 3 Nephi 17:7 "Have ye any that are sick among you? Bring them hither. Have ye any that are lame, or blind, or halt, or maimed, or leprous, or that are withered, or that are deaf, or that are afflicted in any manner? Bring them hither and I will heal them, for I have compassion upon you; my bowels are filled with mercy." He can heal any affliction if we but have faith in Him!! 

I love you all so much and hope your week is a great one!! 

Love, Sister Innes



No comments:

Post a Comment