Monday, March 9, 2015

Sunny skies and Bittersweet Goodbyes 3/9/2015

Hello people I love!

So yes, it is true...I am being transferred tomorrow..to who knows where! I have been called to be a Sister Training Leader which I was not expecting at all... I feel very inadequate and humbled for the opportunity to serve in this capacity but I know this is the Lords will for me...although I am going to miss the people in Waterville. Just when I think my heart isn't big enough  the Lord shows me that you can never have too much love...and you can never love too many people! Oh it's been a hard couple days having to say goodbye. But I can't stop thinking of this quote by Deiter f. Uchtdorf..."In His plan there are no true endings, only everlasting beginnings." I know I will see these people again whether it be on Earth or in Heaven!

Wow, what a week it was!! We had an amazing mission conference on Saturday with Elder Hallstrom from the Presidency of the Quorum of the Seventy, Bishop Coze from the presiding bishopric and Elder Bennett who is an area seventy for our mission. They all gave amazing talks and I wish I could share everything I learned.. but I was just very overwhelmed by the love the Brethren have for the missionaries and for me in general. Elder Hallstrom focused on us which was really cool....usually conferences are focused on how we can be better missionaries and how we can help our areas, which they should be, but he really made an impression on me personally about how amazing and unique this time in my life really is. I came away motivated to be better and to give my 100% to the Lord right now. Missions will change you...if you let them. They will set a pattern for the rest of your life..if you let them! I am so grateful to have this time to give everything I have to serving the Lord. There is nowhere else I'd rather be. 

I also had the opportunity to do a musical number for the conference and I was asked about a month prior. I prayed to know what I should sing and I felt I should do, "I'll Go Where You want Me To Go" and so I began working on it but I soon realized that it was kind of a difficult song to arrange..and then I started worrying because I had already told President what I was singing and I couldn't change it. So I continued to work at it when I had time...which wasn't much! But I still wasn't really satisfied...so Tuesday it so happened that everything fell through and we had an hour open with nothing to do...and the spirit told me that I needed to go sit down and practice and that Heavenly Father gave me that time to practice so I could stop stressing...so we went to the church and I sat down at the piano and just plead with Heavenly Father that He would help me because I obviously wasn't getting anywhere through my own efforts. And as I started to play it was an amazing experience...the song just came and came and the spirit testified to me that this was it. This was just what He wanted...and so Saturday came and I was really nervous but He helped me again and it was a neat experience! Little did I know that I would be holding on to those words today, "So trusting my all to thy tender care, and knowing Thou lovest me, I'll do thy will with a heart sincere, I'll be what You want me to be!"

What I have come to know this week more than ever...The Lord knows us personally, He is in the details of our lives. He wants the best for us...because He loves us. I have found so much joy in serving Him. I have come to know Him better...more clearly, more powerfully, and more personally. This is His gospel , His only true gospel that was established in the beginning of time. It has been restored for us so we can BE HAPPY. In this world there is so much confusion, there is so much strife...but there is safety in following the Lord and his chosen servants...I sustain President Thomas S. Monson as a Prophet of God. I know that if we heed and follow His counsel we will find peace and joy even in times of despair and sorrow. The way to happiness is here and it is for you, and you, and you, and me...from a loving Heavenly Father who wants His children to come back home. Pray hard, study harder, and obey even harder. 

Moroni 7:48 "Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen."

I love you all and hope your week is a good one! :)

Love, Sister Innes







No comments:

Post a Comment