Monday, March 23, 2015

9 months!! 3/23/15

Hello people :)

As, dad would say I'm over the hill! Yep, I'm a middle-aged missionary, its pretty ridiculous. I love being a missionary.

Well, some highlights of my week: 
Tuesday we had a lesson with a Brother Yakowich who's got lots of potential. He's great! He is friends with a boy in the ward! We met with him at his friends house and taught the Plan of Salvation. It was so cool to see this 18 year old kid, Brother Lajeunesse, bear his testimony to his Brother Yakowich and the spirit was very strong. He did most of the teaching, which is awesome. Members are so crucial in missionary work. We are meeting again with him this week! :)

Thursday we met with a sweet sister who we will now be teaching. Sister Hooks is so great! She let me sing a song for her and then she sang one for me :) She said that God had given in to her. So we decided we would write a song together! haha it will be great.

Friday I got to go the Joseph Smith Memorial for the first time. We took a recent convert, Sister Hill! The spirit there is incredible, almost the same as on the temple grounds. We watched "The Restoration" while there and man there is no doubt in my mind that the gospel has truly been restored. Before we watched the video I prayed that Heavenly Father would have me learn what He wanted me to. There were a couple things that stood out to me but the biggest was just a reconfirmation of the truthfulness of the restoration. There is no way Joseph Smith would have went through what he did if He hadn't been visited by Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. A testimony of the restoration is so crucial. We all have questions and we may not ever get answers. I have questions everyday, but there is one things I do know and that is that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God just like the prophets of old. He indeed did see Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know the power and authority of God that Jesus held when He was on the earth is restored and it  is through this power we can be with our families for eternity.And that is what I hold on to when the questions and the doubts come. 

Friday we met with a man who hasn't been to church in over 10 years because of some personal choices but he wants to come back! He as given us a date in early April to come back and so we felt we should go through, "Come, Join With Us" by Deiter f. Uchtdorf.The talk is addressed to nonmembers and returning members but I think everyone could benefit from reading it. There was a scripture that I have really loved, 3 Nephi 24:7 "Return unto me, and I will return unto you saith the Lord of hosts." I have found this to be so true. We are never too far, we are never too deep. As soon as we re-turn to Jesus Christ He is always there with loving and merciful arms. He loves us and wants us to find happiness. There is nothing we could ever do that would make him not love us.  

On Tuesday we went and toured a Veterans home which is basically a place for recovering verterans to come  and get help to get back on their feet. While there we met 2 young men and they asked us about the church and we gave them where and when church was going to be. And they said they would come but we weren't too sure they would. Well Sunday came around and I had totally forgot about meeting them. 5 minutes before church started, guess who walks in? Yep, they totally came to church! And we are meeting with them on Tuesday :)

My birthday is in 3 days...and all I want from you is to share the gospel with one person this week! Just for me. You can do it however you choose, but THATS what would make my birthday. If you could write me of your experience I would love you even more. :) This gospel is for everyone! We are all God's children. <3 And if you aren't a member, I would challenge you to meet with missionaries, or read the book of mormon! #happybirthdaytome

I love you all! Have a lovely week! :)

Love, Sister Innes


No comments:

Post a Comment