Saturday, March 21, 2015

Montpelier, Vermont 3/16/15

Temporary address:
2 Bedform Farms Ste 208 
Bedford, NH 03110

Hello people! 

So, guess where in the world I am? Yep, you guessed it! Montpelier, VT. And, I love it! My new companion is Sister May from Grantsville, UT. She goes home at the end of this transfer so she is pretty much legit! I am learning so much from her..I already love her.

I have so much I want to write and I know I won't have enough time to write all of it. But, wow the church is true!! Being transferred is a very humbling experience...and then being a new Sister Training Leader just makes it even more humbling. I felt like new missionary all over again and I have prayed ALOT this week. But I have seen some pretty cool miracles from it. 

Monday I had to say goodbye to Sister Mckinley...and let me tell you that was hard! I have come to love her so much. Her and Brother Mckinley through me an early birthday party because I wouldn't be there for my birthday..are you kidding me?! Yep, they're awesome. Sister Mckinley is solid. She is on her way to happiness! I couldn't be happier. 

Tuesday was transfer meeting and some of my favorite missionaries went home...which was sad. But hearing their testimonies was amazing. Transfer meeting is probably my favorite. My last Sister Training Leader, Sister Smedley, went home and something that she shared has really struck me this week..."In order to be an instrument in God's hands you have to learn to let Him hold you. Let God love you the most." And what I got from that was in order to help and love other people we first have to let God love us and help us....that is something I am still learning but that is something I've really been focusing on. After I got to Montpelier we went contacting in downtown Montpelier, the people here in Vermont are very honest to say the least. Which can be awesome and discouraging all at the same time! But, we talked to lots of people which is why I love it here!!

Wednesday was great and I got to meet more people in the area, and most of our investigators! They are all awesome!...after we planned Wednesday night I was so tired I fell asleep during Sister May's prayer at the end of nightly planning haha. #missionarylife

Friday we had a pretty low key day with not much to do until the evening. We stopped by our investigator's Robin and Mike who just became new investigators before I got here. We had planned to teach the Plan of Salvation to them and we ran through teaching it that morning and I was just not on my teaching game. When we got there I was kind of nervous that I was going to screw it all up so I was praying so hard. The lesson went amazing! Robin has so much potential and is very interested. She asked us what made us different from other churches and I was able to summarize the restoration and the spirit was so strong. She said she was very curious to learn more...and I know the spirit was working on her. She said she would be baptized if she came to know what we had taught was true and she feels her kids should be baptized too! Boom. Miracles.

I am still getting used to the area and getting to know the people. I have been praying alot to know how I can help them... Sunday I went to church seeking for answers on how we could help them progress and I was able to receive some awesome revelation. A man gave a talk on conversion...and what I got out of it was that basically in order for us to be converted we must first have a testimony, in order for us to have a testimony we have receive a confirmation from the Holy Ghost of the truth we are seeking. And the key word is seeking...in order for us to be visited by the Holy Ghost we have to be seeking. Our hearts must be open...Bishop Norris shared a scripture in Ward Council yesterday and it was Mosiah 12:27. "Ye have not applied your hearts to understanding; therefore, ye have not been wise. Therefore, what teach ye this people?" And I thought it applied perfectly. That's why we teach people who will receive us, people who are seeking. They are those who will be more apt to being converted because they are humble and open to the promptings of the spirit. That's why we are told to have a broken heart and contrite spirit. The spirit changes hearts...but only if you let it!

Well, my time is up! I sure love you all and hope your week is a good one! Keep smiling :) It's a beautiful life!

Love, Sister Innes





No comments:

Post a Comment