Monday, February 9, 2015

Spiritually refined. 2/9/15

Hello people!!! 

What a week it has been...lets just say the snow keeps coming and I almost can't see over the snow banks. :) Enough about that though...life is so great. I feel like I have learned and grown so much in just this week alone not including every other week of my mission. But this week has really been a week of growth for some reason. I really love this scripture:
Helaman 3:35 Nevertheless they did fast and pray oft, and did wax stronger and stronger in their humility, and firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation, yea, even to the purifying and the sanctification of their hearts, which sanctification cometh because of their yielding their hearts unto God.
This scripture really means alot to me and I have seen this in my life as a missionary...and I ams o grateful.

This week consisted of a bruised and swollen thumb, and a flat tire (welcome to life with Sister Innes). It's not as bad as it sounds though because the miracled outweighed it all...
Tuesday we read through 1 Nephi 8 with Liz and explained the symbolism of Lehi's tree of life vision...it was such a neat experience to be there as she just soaked it all in...and the spirit taught me more as we went through the chapter of just how perfect God's plan is for us! And how much HE LOVES US. Liz is progressing towards baptism...and she is so ready. It's crazy to see the change in her from the first time I met her. I love her so much.

We also met with Sister Mckinley 3 times this week...and she has read all the way through 1 Nephi! Woop woop! Her husband is so awesome and solid in the gospel and she really admires him and so she is learning what we are about because of his example..she is praying to know if this is for her and loves when we come over. SO AWESOME. I know this is something that will bless both of their lifes.

Well Sunday was an awesome day too...it started snowing yesterday and hasn't stopped yet...but I thought no one would be at church but man was I wrong! We have been working with a couple people in the ward who haven't been to church in a while and 3 of them were there yesterday...nothing makes my heart happier. We taught alot about the sacrament this week and just how sacred of an ordinance it is..never have I known how much of a blessing it is until now. And how crucial it is that we partake of it worthily every week. After we are baptized we have the opportunity to be cleansed again every Sunday...we as humans aren't perfect and Heavenly Father knew that. He gave us the Holy Ghost but He knew the only way we could be worthy of it would be obedience...but sometimes we would mess up so we would need repentance and the only way we can truly be forgiven through repentance is through the sacrament which literally gives us access to the atonement. So as we partake of the sacrament we are washed clean and become worthy once again of the Holy Ghost. And we NEED the Holy Ghost. Phew I could just keep going but I won't. Just go to church k? And make the sacrament the best 15 minutes of your week. :)

This week I also was overwhelmed with my Savior's love for me. I was able to have a personal moment with Him and the Holy Ghost. I was reminded of my worth and knew that he knew my potential..He knows me perfectly and if I put my trust in Him he will help me to become the person he wants me to be....He loves us. He loves us so much...He is so kind and merciful.

Also, I lost my memory card so sorry there haven't been picture lately! Prepare yourselves for an overload next week :) Oh and HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!

Love, Sister Innes

No comments:

Post a Comment