Monday, May 18, 2015

Full time missionaries!! 5/11/2015

Hello family and friends!!

Wow what a week it has been! It is nice and humid and green over here :) and I'm lovin it! 

This week we had MLC in Manchester and it was so amazing. I had a lot of questions that I was having answered. One thing I loved that was said is that members really are the  the full-time missionaries. Yes, we as missionaries are are full-time but we are not going to be in a certain unit or area forever. So therefore, members are full-time in the fact that they will be there full-time for a friend who is investigating the church or a member who may be returning. This week I have  really realized how crucial all members are in this work. Missionaries cannot do it on their own! It just won't work out the way it should. Satan has been working very hard on Sandy this last week and a member Sister Hall has been the biggest help in going over without us and just being her friend and letting her know she is loved. So awesome! It is crucial that people have a testimony of the gospel before they are baptized but they also need friends. They need to feel loved and accepted and not just by the missionaries. 

I mentioned Brother Yakowich a couple weeks ago, who we haven't seen in a couple weeks but we were finally able to see him last Monday! He told us that he has a goal to finish the Book of Mormon by the end of May and He should be all the way to Jacob by the time we meet with him tomorrow. The kid is so awesome. As he has began to read it's been awesome to see how he just wants to know more. In Preach My Gospel it says that those who read the Book of Mormon take an important step in coming to know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored! He is taking that step and I am so excited for what will come. Because, I know if he prays he will get an answer. Moroni 10:3-5 "Behold, I would exhort you that when ye shall read these things, if it be wisdom in God that ye should read them, that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts.And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost. And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things."

We met with Sandy only once this week due to technical difficulties and when we got there she was so distraught. The Adversary was really working on her. I felt prompted to sing "Be Still My Soul" and as I did the spirit came so strong into her home. And afterward I shared this part of Joseph Smith History as prompted by the spirit. "After I had retired to the place where I had previously designed to go, having looked around me, and finding myself alone, I kneeled down and began to offer up the desires of my heart to God. I had scarcely done so, when immediately I was seized upon by some power which entirely overcame me, and had such an astonishing influence over me as to bind my tongue so that I could not speak. Thick darkness gathered around me, and it seemed to me for a time as if I were doomed to sudden destruction. But, exerting all my powers to call upon God to deliver me out of the power of this enemy which had seized upon me, and at the very moment when I was ready to sink into despair and abandon myself to destruction—not to an imaginary ruin, but to the power of some actual being from the unseen world, who had such marvelous power as I had never before felt in any being—just at this moment of great alarm, I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me. It no sooner appeared than I found myself delivered from the enemy which held me bound. When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—This is My Beloved Son. Hear him!" I didn't een plan on sharing it but I realized that it was so relevant to Sandy and to all of us. Satan works so hard to keep good things from happening. I've seen it so many times in my live! But just as Joseph Smith was able to get through it so can we. Satan will not win, he can't. So don't let him win with you!

Well, I just want to end with my sincere testimony that I do know the Heavenly Father loves us and He is so mindful of us and our situations. Call on Him! Trust in Him, He will never lead you astray.

I love you all sooo much! I hope you have a great week :)

Love, Sister Innes



No comments:

Post a Comment