Monday, May 4, 2015

May the fourth be with you! 5/4/2015

Hello people!  

The sun is shining and it is finally in the 70's in Vermont! To say I am happy is an understatement :) Spring is finally here and before we know it, it will be all green!

Well I'm going to try and fit in all the awesomeness of this week, I probably can't but I will try! ;)

So last Monday was really rough, probably the hardest of my mission! I couldn't pin point exactly but Satan was working very hard on me. Well, come to find out he was working on me because there were amazing things to come! Monday night we met an amazing lady while knocking doors. She told us that she had just recently lost her husband and daughter...and she felt like we were sent to her at the time she needed us. We were able to bear testimony to her of the Plan of Salvation and that fact that she would see her husband and daughter again...the spirit bore witness to her. She said she was definitely interested and that she would be calling us soon. Well this morning guess who we saw while we were taking our morning walk? The same lady! Not a coinicidence...and she is so sincere. I think we will be seeing her soon :) ALSO, Monday night we met with Sandy. She loved church and she has committed to be baptized on May 30th! The light that is in her eyes is so cool to see. She just knows with all her heart that the gospel is true and very determined to get baptized no matter what may come. :)

Wednesday we met with Sister Lolax and we were reading with her in Jacob 4. And in verse 10 it says, "Wherefore, brethren, seek not to counsel the Lord, but to take counsel from his hand. For behold, ye yourselves know that he counseleth in wisdom, and in justice, and in great mercy, over all his works." And after we read that we asked her if there was anything that she had been taught that she had a problem with...and she said her only struggle was coffee. Sister Lolax has been taught for about a year and she still is trying to get an answer. We kept feeling like coffee was keeping her from getting her answer, so we bore testimony to her that if she would love the Word of Wisdom that she would receive her answer. The next day we met with her again and that morning I was studying for her in Alma Chapter 22 and this verse really just stuck out to me and I couldn't figure out why so I asked Heavenly Father to help me understand what he wanted me to. in verse 15 and 16 it says, "And it came to pass that after Aaron had expounded these things unto him, the king said: What shall I do that I may have this eternal life of which thou hast spoken? Yea, what shall I do that I may be born of God, having this wicked spirit rooted out of my breast, and receive his Spirit, that I may be filled with joy, that I may not be cast off at the last day? Behold, said he, I will give up all that I possess, yea, I will forsake my kingdom, that I may receive this great joy. But Aaron said unto him: If thou desirest this thing, if thou wilt bow down before God, yea, if thou wilt repent of all thy sins, and will bow down before God, and call on his name in faith, believing that ye shall receive, then shalt thou receive the hope which thou desirest." And as I read it again I realized that it was Sister Lolax! In order to receiver her hope or answer she needed to repent or live the word of wisdom and show her faith and then the Lord would answer her! And so when we met we shared these verses with her and the spirit just bore witness so strong. So she knows what she needs to do and now all she has to do is do it! :) I pray she does because I know she can.

Thursday we met with Larry, who has now come to church for 3 weeks in a row, and we committed him to be baptized on June 13th! I can't be at mt best friend's wedding So I guess we will have a baptism instead. ;) No, I didn't realized it until after but I think it will be a great day for Larry! He has a very pure heart and he loves his Savior! We have a long way to go but oh how excited I am for him. :)

Sunday I was so excited and my heart was full, one by one came Sandy, Larry, and Sister Lolax into church!! I don't know why but Heavenly Father is really blessing us here. Alma 26:3 " Behold, I answer for you; for our brethren, the Lamanites, were in darkness, yea, even in the darkest abyss, but behold, how many of them are brought to behold the marvelous light of God! And this is the blessing which hath been bestowed upon us, that we have been made instruments in the hands of God to bring about this great work." The Lord will use us how he intends if we give ourselves to Him. This is his work and he continues to work miracles everyday! The work is hastening people, what joy we can find in helping other people to know the truth for themselves. I know that if you pray He will help you to find those who you are supposed to chare the gospel with in your very own special way.

I love you all!!! Talk to you soon ;)

Love, Sister Innes

P.S. this is my awesome new companion, Sister Upton. I think my favorite thing about her is her hair :)

No comments:

Post a Comment