Tuesday, May 26, 2015

I'm emailing you from my iPad! 5/26/15

Hola people!!

How is everyone doing?? Well it has been a great week here in Vermont.
I told you it was green but somehow it's gotten greener!! And the
lilac bushes are out of control here. Grandma Innes has been watching
over me this week, I'm sure of it.

Well it has been an interesting week! We drove down to New Hampshire
for an all-mission conference which took up pretty much all of Tuesday
and Wednesday! We received training on how to be missionaries in the
digital age and we got iPads!! They have already been amazing tools.
They told us that we weren't getting them this week so I was not
expecting it and so when I found out we were I had a mini heart attack
and it's been weird ever since. I felt guilty even turning the thing
on for the first day and then it was just weird. I was scared because
before my mission my habits weren't to great with technology. But at
our training they talked about how this is the perfect time for us to
set good habits with technology and this will change how we use it for
the rest of our lives! I am so grateful. It's already been so amazing
using them in lessons. We have the whole gospel library at our
fingertips, it's amazing!!

On Thursday we were able to get in with our investigators finally! :)
we met with Brother Yakowich  and the boy had read 40 pages in the
Book of Mormon! He said that as he has read his testimony of Jesus
Christ has been strengthened. He also said that he had started praying
more instead of just on Sunday. It was cool because we had felt
prompted to talk about prayer that day. He said he had told Heavenly
Father that he was relying on Him now. He has a big decision he is
trying to make and so he has started praying about that! I shared with
him about how I got my answer to go on a mission and how Heavenly
Father answered my year of prayers...and how on my mission I have just
come to have a firm testimony that Heavenly Father does answer our
prayers!! 2 Nephi 32:9 "But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray
always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the
Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name
of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy
performance may be for the welfare of thy soul." My mission has been
the best thing for me. I know it's where I am supposed to be.

Yesterday we had dinner with an amazing family in the ward, the Dyes!
They moved all the way to  Vermont from Idaho after they were prompted
by Heavenly Father. They are so full of faith and so close to the
spirit. I want to be just like them. I want to make whatever sacrifice
I have to do the Lords will and serve him in whatever way He needs me
to. My favorite scripture: Words of Mormon 1:7 "And I do this for a
wise purpose; for thus it whispereth me, according to the workings of
the Spirit of the Lord which is in me. And now, I do not know all
things; but the Lord knoweth all things which are to come; wherefore,
he worketh in me to do according to his will. And my prayer to God is
concerning my brethren, that they may once again come to the knowledge
of God, yea, the redemption of Christ; that they may once again be a
delightsome people."

I hope you all have a great Memorial Day and an amazing week!!! I sure
love you!!!

Love, Sister Innes


No comments:

Post a Comment